Sunday 19 October 2014

Jewellery organisation: A cheap and easy way!!

Hey guys!!  Hope you've all had a fab week! 
 
This week I’m going to do a wee organisation-y post, an easy DIY that anyone can do!  I fancied doing this post as I recently had a jewellery clear-out and wanted to have some sort of display for my jewellery.  So I thought I would post what I did!   
 
This is quite an easy and fairly cheap DIY, that you don't have to spend a lot of money on for a cool, quirky little storage idea!!!
 
So, a while back I 'revamped' an old bedside table that I've had for years, just to give it a new look!  I was still at University at the time and I became a wee bit obsessed with collaging using newspaper text, magazine photos and sketches.  I did this in almost every project sketchbook, and thought it would be quite a unique thing to do for a bedside table!

 
 
 

 
I normally use the table for extra storage space, but then realised that the sides could be used to hang things from, for example, jewellery!  I tried a few things out but most of them never really worked, like using elastic hairbands to hang earrings and necklaces (heavy necklaces + elastic band string = FAIL).  It was basically just ‘trial and error’ to see what worked and what didn’t!


Well, I finally managed to get something that worked!  Yay!
 
 
  
I saw these stick-on hooks in a home-ware store that would be quite handy for hanging my necklaces/hair accessories on!  They came in a multi-pack, so I had quite a few to use!  Then I thought ‘Could I use two of these hooks as brackets to hold up something that I could put my rings on as well?’  So I was trying to think what I could use - pencils, string…and I ended up using these fat jumbo straws, which I found in a Chinese supermarket.  These straws are normally used for bubble tea, but they are actually quite sturdy and are really good to store rings on!!!  
 
Therefore, all I really used for this were hooks and straws!  Easy DIY!!!
 
These are the photos of the finished jewellery display!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
I guess that's it for this week’s post guys!  I hope this was helpful and has inspired at least one person out there!  That would be fab! J
 
Until next time...see ya!

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! Cheap Jewelry Stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. local jewelry pawn shops

    ReplyDelete