Monday 4 May 2015

Funky nail art design!!

 
 
Hiya guys!  Happy Monday!  Hope the bank holiday is treating you well and you are out enjoying the nice (dry) weather!
 
Totally gutted that I couldn’t do my usual Sunday post to my blog yesterday!  L  I’ve just been super busy this week with work and starting a new job that I just ended up running out of time!  However it’s all published now and up on the blog, so…better late than never, eh?
 
So, as I said, I’ve not had much time to do a mega creative DIY project this week…however I did manage to do a wee nail art design!
 
If you have seen any of my photo posts on here or on Instagram, you might have seen that I quite like taking photographs with the whole focussed/out of focussed thing going on!  You can see this in my Earth Day 2015 post, where I took pictures of the sky and tried to capture the wee blobs of light caused by the sunlight.
 
Well I just found out this week (in a nail art video) that it is called bokeh – where you take photos with purposely out of focus little blobs of light.
 
 
 
 
This is a photography style which I guess many photographers use.  If you Google ‘bokeh’ photography you’ll see loads of lovely photos!
 
I really like bokeh photography!  Every time I have put up my Christmas tree in the last few years, I always take an out of focus photo of the sparkly lights (example above).  So, I guess I have been using this photography style all along without actually knowing what it’s called!
 
As I have said, I saw a nail art tutorial by a well-known YouTube nail artist cutepolish, where she creates this bokeh design on her nails!  I’ll include the link to the video at the end of my post.
 
So, this week I thought I would try to give this nail art a try and this is my recreation.  And, I got to use my practice hand!
  
 
 
To be honest, I got in a bit of a pickle because I’m not sure how to stick the nails onto the practice hand?  So, I ended up using small bits of folded up masking tape.  (I’ll have to work on this!)
 
 
 
 
I then just picked the polishes I wanted to use – mustard yellow, terracotta, mossy green and a wine red.
 
 
 
 
Before the colours were applied to the nails, I applied a base coat of white.  Then, once that was dry, I took turns to sponge on the colours.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So, this is what it ended up like!  I decided to have one of the nails just plain, so I used the mustard yellow colour for that.
 
 
 
 
For the next part, I followed the steps from the video, so I won’t go into detail.  See the photos I took when I was doing the nail art and watch the video for more info!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And this is the final completed look!  Quite cool, isn’t it?
 
 
 
 
 
Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and as always thank you SO much for reading!
I’ll catch you all this Sunday for my next post!
 
Enjoy the rest of this week and take care! Xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
YouTube Source:
 
Bokeh Nail Art! by cutepolish
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment