Sunday 7 June 2015

DIY Crochet Bunting!!

 
 
Hiya guys!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you’ve all had a good week!
 
I’ve had a busy past few weeks, and totally struggled to do a wee crafty project last week to post to the blog – which I’m totally gutted about L, naturally.  But I decided I’d rather post up something I enjoyed making rather than doing something in a rush just so I had a new post up!  I’m such a perfectionist and it’s rather annoying at times, ha!
 
Anyways…I had a few wee days off this week (yay!), so I had a good sit down and did this week’s project.
 
A couple months ago, when I went into town to do one of my crafty shopping sprees, I decided I’d get a couple crochet tutorial books.  I’m quite a visual learner, I’d rather watch a YouTube video tutorial about new stitches and patterns, but I thought ‘Why not get a book about crocheting instead?’  I did realise though, once I got home and tried one of the designs, that reading patterns is quite tricky!!  I got a wee bit stressed out to be really honest.
 
However, this was only because I was new to reading how to do a pattern.  Like anything you are a beginner at, it just takes time and a lot of patience - just keep at it and you’ll get there!!
 
And…getting back on track…when I was flicking through the pages of the book - which is listed at the bottom of the post, as usual – I came across this pattern that is really neat…bunting!!!  Those super-annoying but equally festive multi-coloured, decorative flags that you see everywhere at celebrations and outdoor events, as well as indoors for parties!
 
So, I made my own crochet bunting!  It’s really quite cool and definitely an alternative to the plastic versions. Plus, it adds a homemade touch if you use it for parties!
 
  
 
What I used:
 
 
·         A variety of bright coloured yarn: white, neon yellow, pink sparkle and blue sparkle.
 
 
 
·         4mm crochet hook
 
 
 
·         The book, bunting tutorial.
 
 
 
 
 
I’m not doing a tutorial for this wee crafty project as I’m still a beginner at crochet and wouldn’t be able to explain it properly, so it is just photographs of my finished bunting.
 
 
 
A close up of the yarn strands.
 
 
It didn’t say how to join the little triangle blocks, so just made a chain
then used the same stitch as was used in the main pattern
to attach the triangle to the chain.
 
 
The chain between the triangles.
 
 
The stitch attaching the triangle to the chain.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here are some photos displaying the bunting in use:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have to say, I think the bunting is quite funky!  You can use any colour you like as well, which is fab!  I think next time, though, I will make the triangles a bit bigger?  Should be pretty easy(ish) to do ha ha!
 
Anyway guys, thank you SO SO much for reading!  I hope you enjoyed this post J and I will catch you all next time!
 
As always have a fab week and take care!  Xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sources:
 
500 Crochet Blocks by Hannah Elgie & Kath Webber



No comments:

Post a Comment