Monday 25 May 2015

5-minute DIY project: Decorating flower pots!!

 
 
Hiya guys!  Hope you’ve all had a good bank holiday weekend!
 
For this week on the blog, I fancied doing a wee 5-minute DIY!  A super easy little project that can be done hardly anytime at all! 
 
This week’s DIY will be about decorating some wee flower pots that I managed to pick up! 
 
 
 
What I used:
 
·         Three small flower pots (under £5 all together)
·         Gold leafing pen
·         Masking tape and skinny washi tape
·         Art masking fluid
·         Small paint brush
 
 
 
These wee colourful clay flower pots for under a fiver…total bargain!!
 
 
This metallic gold leafing pen is great as the colour goes on quite opaque. 
No need to go over again!
 
 
 
 
Little flower pot #1: Gold block colour pattern!
 
 
 
 
Firstly, I taped over the parts of the surface where I didn’t want any colour, using the masking tape.  I then thought I would use the skinny washi tape to break up the big block into little blocks of all different sizes and shapes!  Therefore, creating a geometric look!
 
Ta Dah!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Little flower pot #2: Dotty pattern!
 
 
 
 
I bought this art masking fluid from a stationary shop a couple days ago and I thought I would try it out.  I know it’s only really meant for paper, but it worked quite well on the surface of the flower pot.
 
It’s kind of like glue to be honest, so if you don’t have this, you might be able to use PVA glue instead!
 
 
 
 
So, all I did was paint on the design I wanted, let it dry completely - which only took a couple minutes - then I went crazy with the dots!
 
Once the ink was dry, I peeled off the masking fluid to reveal the part of the surface that hadn’t been dotted!  I then just used the pen to neaten up the line of the un-dotted part.
 
Basically, it’s kind of like the cup that I made in my ‘Mother's Day DIY gift ideas!’ post.
 
 
 
 
Little flower pot #3: Freehand line pattern!
 
 
For the last pot I  ust used the pen to draw lines from the bottom upwards - quick lines that went halfway up, creating a sort of ombré look from green to gold!
 
 
 
 
This one only took a minute or two to do, so it was by far the easiest one of the three!
 
However, I’m not sure if the gold and green really complement each other?  Ah well, maybe I will block it in so it is all gold and leave the inside the lovely green colour?
 
 
 
 
Finished little flower pots!!
  
 
 
 
 
I loved these before they were beautified and I love them even more now!!
They would definitely look lovely on a desk or dressing/make-up table for storing all your bits ‘n’ bobs!
 
 
Anyway guys, thank you SO SO much for reading!  I hope you enjoyed this post J and I will catch you all next time!
 
Have a fab week and take care! Xxx
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. such a cute and easy idea! i love that you used gold. its a classy way to add a pop of color to the already bright pots!

    rookieparty.com

    ReplyDelete