Sunday 9 November 2014

What you can do with leftover loom bands!

 
Hiya guys!  Happy Sunday to you all, hope you’ve had a great week and have enjoyed the beautiful firework displays!

I’ve just been working away as usual.  On one of my days off this week I decided to clean out and arrange my craft boxes and I found a box of loom bands.  Remember them?  They were quite the craze in the summer!  You don’t see them as much now as you did in the first half of this year, do you?  I kind of went through a wee phase of making loads of them, a little bit embarrassing I know.  I’m probably a wee bit old for the loom band craze but I just really like making things so this ‘loom band thing’ appealed to my creative side.
 
As usual I went overboard and bought loads of rubber bands.  Now I don’t know what to do with them all. So this week I’ve decided to do a post about what to do with the leftover loom bands!
 
As well making lots of bracelets months ago, I also made a little pineapple pencil topper.  Why?  I love pineapples, like a lot.  Everything pineapple!  I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to pineapples.  Wee bit sad, but I don’t care!  Anyway, I thought I could use leftover bands to create pencil grips, pencil toppers and small charms too.  You can use them yourself or give them as presents.  Since its coming up to Christmas, it could be an idea for a stocking filler!
 
So, for this post, I’m not going to show the steps involved to make these creations because I had to look up YouTube videos on how to do them.  They are not difficult to make, just a bit tricky!  (The links to the YouTube videos I looked at for these designs are shown at the end of the post!)  The loom I used was the Monster Tail loom, and I used the hook that came with the set.
 
 
Monster Tail loom with hook and loom bands
 
Clearer view of the Monster Tail Loom
 


A variety of loom band bracelet designs

 
 
These are what I ended up with.


 Octopus charm
  
Turtle charm
   
 
  
Pineapple pencil topper
 
 
Pencil and crochet hook grip
  
Pom pom pencil grip 


 
Well, that’s all for this week’s post guys.  Hopefully, like me, you have gotten a bit of inspiration for what to do with leftover loom bands!  You should have a go at these designs, because you can end up with some cool things!
 
I’ll catch you next Sunday with my next post!  Until next time…see ya!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
YouTube video sources:
 
Pom Pom Pencil or Pen Cover on a Monster Tail Rainbow Loom by Craft Life
 
Rainbow Loom Octopus Charm/Action Figure/Pencil Topper/Finger Puppet - Loom/Monster Tail - Gomitas by Kate Schultz
 
NEW 3D Turtle MONSTER TAIL Rainbow Loom Charm Tutorial | How To by TutorialsByA™
 
How To Make Removable Pencil Grips On The Monster Tail by Krafty KBug
 
Rainbow Loom Monster Tail Pencil Grip or Hook Cozy by Made By Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment