Sunday 28 June 2015

New nail art discovery: Using gel polish for a super quick way to add detail to nails!!

 
 
Hiya guys!  Hope you are all doing great!
 
This week I thought I would do another wee nail art post as I’ve not done one in a while.  This design is a little bit different because I used gel nail polish for the nail art instead of just regular nail polish!
 
I have to say gel nail polish is super easy to use for designs!  As gel polish is thicker than regular polish and doesn’t air dry (because it is designed to be dried with a UV/LED lamp), you can take your time when creating the design on your nail.  And the fact that each nail dries in 30 seconds - 1 minute, ideal!
 
I bought this little starter kit a couple weeks ago because I wanted to try the gel nail polish and see what the fuss was about, as everyone talks about it, you know?  I’ve only tried it out once on my natural nails…it didn’t go very well.  However, this was only because I was and still am new to the gel polish!  I just need to practice!   

So I gave it another go and this is how it ended up… 

 
 
 
Quite cool, eh?  
 
So, like my usual nail art posts, I will explain the steps I took to create the look!

 
 
 
What I used: 
 

·        False nails (Yes, you can used them on these too…which is fab!!) 

·        Practice hand (You don’t need this if you are using false nails - just stick them to a flat surface with Blu Tack or to the back of sticky tape!) 

·        Gel polish starter kit
 
 
 
·        Pale pink regular nail polish - as the starter kit only has one colour I used regular polish for the base coat 
 
·        Dotting tool
 
 
 
·        Small 10/0 paint brush
 
 
 
·        Nail file, to file rough edges of the nail
 
 
 
 
Steps:
 
 
1.     Started off by picking the size of nails, suitable for myself, and stuck them to my practice hand with some sticky tack.
 
 
 
 
2.     Next I applied the base coat of pale pink and waited for a few minutes until this was completely dry.
 
 
 
3.     Once all the nails were dry, I started the designs one nail at a time then cured the polish under the LED lamp.
 
 
 
 
·        Basically, all I did for the designs was to put a blob of polish into a small art palette and use my dotting tool to put a blob onto the nail, and then the small brush for detailing.
 
·        To be honest, I got idea for the leafy designs from latte/coffee art (I know, I’m a wee bit strange.  But you know, you can find inspiration from anywhere!)
 
 
4.     Lastly I applied a fast drying top coat!  Although a top coat isn’t necessary with gel polish, I wanted a bit of glossiness to my nail!
 
 
 
So there you go!  A super quick and easy way to do nail art!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Okay guys, thank you SO SO much for reading!  I really hope you enjoyed this post J and I will catch you all next time!
 
As always, have a fab week and take care! Xxx



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment