Sunday 1 March 2015

DIY idea: A fun alternative use for photo frames!

 
Hiya guys!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you’ve all had a good week!
 
In this week’s post I will be showing you a few wee ideas about how to use photo frames, other than the conventional way of displaying your fave pictures.
 
I will show you three different ideas I have used with photo frames! 
 
 
 
Photo frame idea #1


 
 
 
 
This one I made last year.  I really love this fabric.  It was originally from a maxi dress I found in the sales a few years ago – one of those things you buy because you like it, but end up never wearing it :/ However I upcycled it and used the material to make a couple of different things.  So it didn’t go to waste!
 
All I did was cut out a piece of the fabric and put it in the frame but instead of putting it the right way with the print on display, I put it the other way so the print would be less harsh.  I wanted to use the frame as a sort of ‘quotes board’, so the words had to show up over the design!
 
 
 
Photo frame idea #2
 
 


 
I found this photo frame in a pound shop.  I originally bought this for my Crafty Christmas… post but didn’t use it as the display was too small for the lyrics.  So I decided to use it for this DIY.
 
To make the frame more decorative I added a piece of a gold glittery card to the inside – you can use any kind of printed card or paper you like.  I wasn’t too happy with how it looked with just the card as I thought it looked a bit plain and boring, so I decided to decorate the white frame…with more gold.  I used a permanent gold ink marker to create lots of different sized polka dots!
 
 



 
 
 
Photo frame idea #3
 
 
 
 
 
For this last frame I decided to do something arty!  I bought this inkpad last Christmas when I was in town.  As usual, I forgot I had it, so when I found it when rummaging through my craft supplies I decided that this could be another idea for the photo frame.  Remember what you were like when you were wee opening Christmas presents?  Yep, that was me when I found this inkpad!  Dropped everything I was doing to try it out…muchos excited!
 
I had seen on Pinterest that someone had created a painting using the bottom of a bottle with paint, so I found an empty water bottle and decided I’d try to see if it worked with the ink...and it did!
 
  

 
 

 

It actually turned out quite cool - it didn't create the same design as I had seen on Pinterest but created a broken circle look that ended up looking quite arty!
 
I thought it looked good as it was and there was no need to do anything else, but if you wanted you could add in other pictures/words and create a collage of some sort.  It’s all about what you think looks good!  Try out different ideas when creating something - some things will work, some things won’t…it’s all about experimenting, trial and error, and learning!
 
So basically, what I’m saying is you don’t have to just use picture frames for holding photographs!  Be unconventional and use them for anything…message boards, for favourite quotes or shopping lists!  (But just remember to use white board markers or acetate pens so you can easily wipe off the ink!)
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you so much for reading!!
 
I will catch you all next week with my usual Sunday post!
 
Have a fab week and take care guys! Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment