Sunday 22 February 2015

Nail decals: An easy way to put design onto your nails!!

 
Hiya guys!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you are all good!
 
I thought I would do another nail art post, but this time instead of using nail polish or pens etc. to create designs, I used nail decals.
 
 
 
 
What is a nail decal?  Basically it is just a little transfer sticker that you can put on top of nails to add some design!  There are lots of different types of decals around, from stickers to nail wraps to water activated decals and the like.

 
 
 
 
They can be used to create an easy look with no fuss, and good for people who want to apply little designs and detail onto their nails but don’t like having to wait for a long period of time for the polish(es) to dry.
 
To be honest, I don’t really mind the whole drying process - I can get a wee snoop in Instagram while I wait!  That’s where I discovered these nail decals!  I found that they were being sold in town, so when I was in one day I thought I would get some and give it a go!
 
I have listed the steps I took to create the nails below – just to show you how easy it is!
 
 
 
Steps:
 
 
1.      I picked the size of nails I needed and stuck them to a flat surface using Blu Tack.
 
 

 
2.      As they were false nails, I didn’t need a base coat.  I put on two coats of a hot pink nail polish.
 
3.      Next, I chose the designs I wanted and cut them out.  Following the directions on the back of the packet, I soaked the cut-outs in water for 5-10 seconds and slid them off the card with my fingers, and using tweezers I carefully grabbed the corner of the transfer.  I then placed each design on the area of the nail I wanted it to be.

 
 

4.      After pressing onto nail and patting off excess water, I applied a coat of clear nail polish on top to seal the transfers onto the nails.

 
 
That’s basically all that was needed - here are some photos of the finished nails!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These decals can also be used on skin like a temporary tattoo.  I tried a wee one to see what it was like.

 
 
 
So, all in all, the decals are super easy to use and I think they are quite funky!  Maybe next time I will try and combine these transfers with some of my own nail art…we shall see.
 
Thank you so much for reading my post!!
 
I will catch you all next Sunday!
 
Have a fab week and take care guys! Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment