Sunday 1 February 2015

A super easy how - to / idea for beautifying a boring wall!!

 
Hiya guys!  Happy Sunday!  

For this week’s post I thought I would do a how-to/idea post on how you can decorate a wall for any room in your house or office…or shed….anywhere you’d like!

And this is pretty much the easiest thing to do to give your wall a wee bit of character! 

I had been thinking of doing this to a wall in my room for ages and thought ‘why not! I'll do it this week and post about it?’
 
So, here it is an example on how you can beautify a drab bare wall.

 
 
 
I am a sucker for postcards!  Whenever I go travelling or visit a new touristy/museum place I ALWAYS have to get a bunch!  These, by the way, never get sent to friends and family though - they get filed away for interior décor ideas like this!!
 
Okay, for this ‘wall art’ you can basically use anything - from photographs, magazine images, printed out quotes to drawings.
 
I would say this is one of the easiest things to do because all you really need are the things you want to display and some blue tack.  Easy peasy!
 
 
This is a before and after picture of my wall, you can see that the wall looks so much better now.
  
                                
 
 
 
 
 
 
You can stick the images directly onto the wall or stick them onto some nice card then stick that to the wall, or lean it against the wall…again it’s entirely up to you and what you think works best in your chosen room!  
 
There are so many layouts and ways images can be displayed on the wall.  It all depends on your preferences. I’m a bit (maybe an understatement?) obsessive about thinks lining up and having the same amount of space between images etc.  You should see me trying to do a PowerPoint presentation…takes forever!
 
Well, thanks for reading my post!  Hope this has given you some ideas if you are stuck on how to decorate and jazz up a wall.
 
Okay, I will catch up with you all next Sunday!  
 
Have a fab week and take care guys! Xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment