Sunday 28 December 2014

Crafty Christmas...

 
Hiya guys!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas!
 
I spent the day chilling out with my family and watching loads of DVDs!  Overall, it was a really good day!
 
I was actually going to do this week’s post about what to do with leftover Christmas present boxes that can be reused, but…my lovely sister got me something really cool and crafty for Christmas so I obviously couldn’t not do a post about that!
 
Months ago, while I was organising my arts and craft supplies, I was moaning about the labels on the drawers and how they looked really messy because I was handwriting them.  I mentioned a label maker would be totally handy because I could organise e-v-e-r-y-thing and label them!  To be honest, I didn’t really think anyone was listening to me, but guess what I got…a label maker!!!  Yay!
 
 
 
 
What makes this label maker even better is that it embosses the letters on to the tape, instead of using ink, making it 3D…AMAZE!
 
 
 
 
So, getting inspo from a film we watched - Maleficent, which you should watch if you haven’t seen already, because it is r-e-a-l-l-y good – I thought it would be fun to do a line from a Disney film song.  For example:
 
 
 
 
I then thought ‘what if I type out lyrics to a full song? And maybe display it in a photo frame?’
 
So I tried it out!  I typed out the lyrics to a song I’ve loved ever since I was wee – Judy Garland’s ‘Somewhere over the rainbow’.  And this is what I came up with.  I love it!
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think it’s pretty cool, and I really like the fact I decided to use different colours for every line of the song!  The photo frame I got from a pound shop.  I like the style of the frame…but it would be lovely if it was gold instead of white!
 
So that’s all I have for this week!  I hope you have a good week ahead, and bring in the New Year in style! And enjoy yourselves, of course!
 
I’ll be back in the New Year with more crafty projects!
 
Happy New Year when it comes!
 
Take care guys xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment