Sunday 14 December 2014

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!

 
Hiya guys!  Hope you’ve all had a good Sunday!
 
This week, I had intended to do a post about making loads of DIY baubles and decorating my Christmas tree with them.  However, I’ve been pretty busy with work and didn’t really have enough time to do this L 
 
Instead, my post is a short one about ideas for making your own Christmas baubles, and at the end I’ll have photos of my tree!
 
Let’s begin…
 
 
 
Christmas bauble #1
 
 
This is a really easy bauble to make, although it’s a bit messy - but quite cool once it dries.
 
 
 
What I used:
 
Medium polystyrene ball (less than £1 from an art store)
Torn up newspaper text
Glue
 
 
 
 
What I did:
 
1)     Basically I just covered the ball with glue and newspaper scraps, then covered it with more glue…sort of like paper mache.
 
2)     I then left it to dry!
 
 
You can decorate your bauble more if you like – glitter, gold/silver pen, gems – whatever goes with the style/colour scheme of your Christmas tree.  Bauble hooks, ribbon or string can also be attached to it so that you can hang it on your tree!
 
Idea: Half a dozen of these could be put into a large bowl for a table centre piece.
 
 
 
Christmas bauble #2
 
Like the first, this bauble is not that hard to make.
 
 
 
 
 
What I used:
 
Large clear plastic ball, opens up (less than £2 from a haberdashery store)
Card
Craft Punch, flower design
Glue
Glitter, red
 
 
 
 
What I did:
 
1)      First of all, using the craft punch, I cut out nearly a hundred wee bits of card - crazy amount for one ball!
 
2)      I covered the inside of one half of the ball with glue and stuck the little card designs down, with some space between for the glitter to be seen.
 
3)      I did the same for the other half.
 
4)      Once all the card was stuck down, I covered the inside of both halves with more glue, then poured on the glitter.  I then put the two halves together then shook the ball so the glitter would stick to the glue.
 
5)      Once both halves were dry, I glued them together, to finish the Christmas bauble.
 
 
 
Again, bauble hooks, ribbon or string can be attached to the bauble, if you want.
 
You can be totally crafty, decorate and make DIY baubles any way you like - using permanent markers, glitter glue or old nail polish...anything!  This is where you can have fun, designing!
 
I really do like the idea of making my own DIY baubles but, in the end, I just used decorations we had from last year.  The gold and silver colour scheme never goes out of style!
 
So I will end my post with my gold and silver decorated tree!  
 
I’ll catch you all next week, with another Sunday post!  Enjoy the week ahead…until next time! 








No comments:

Post a Comment