Sunday 5 April 2015

An egg-cellent Easter special!

 
 
Hiya guys!  Happy Easter Sunday!  Hope you are all having a relaxing day!
 
 
 
 
I thought I’d do an Easter special post on the blog today, so this week I have been busy making Easter eggy-type projects!  
 
I did some more crocheting - a little bit different this time as I had a go at Amigurumi which is a Japanese art of crocheting and knitting teeny stuffed animals!  And, as well as the crocheting, I did a little bit of baking too and I made some Easter egg truffles (with lots of chocolate, obviously!).
 
So, on that note, here is what I made this week…
 
 
 
Crocheted Easter Eggs
 
 
 
 
I’ve been seeing loads of crocheted stuffed animals and toys on Pinterest and Instagram since I’ve got into the whole crochet/knitting thing, and I’ve been wanting to try it because they look quite cool.  I had looked at loads of videos of how they were done, but they always looked too complicated and tricky because of the whole increase/decrease of the stitches...however, I’ve realised it’s actually quite easy!  So, I decided to give it a go and make these little Easter eggs!
 
As I’m new to Amigurumi, obviously I needed a bit of help with how to crochet the eggs so, as usual, I have shown the links to the videos and websites I looked at at the end of the post!
 
For the eggs, I used a 100% cotton yarn with a 3.00 mm crochet hook, and used scrap yarn for the stuffing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The eggs ended up being all different sizes, even though I used the same size hook and 4-ply yarn…maybe it was the way I stuffed them, I’m not sure.  However, it gave a more organic look to them, which is good because eggs aren’t all the same size anyway.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Crocheted Bunny Rabbit
 
I decided to make a little bunny rabbit too!  I just basically made an egg like the ones above and added ears and other little details – eyes, nose, whiskers and fluffy tail.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Easter egg Oreo truffles
 
I saw this recipe on Pinterest and really had to make it as Oreos are the best!
 
 
 
 
Basically this is a really easy recipe as there are only four ingredients: Oreos, cream cheese, milk chocolate and white chocolate.  I also added hundreds and thousands on top of the white chocolate, while it was still wet, to add a wee bit of colour!
 
 
 
 
Unfortunately, I had a wee bit of a fail with the toppings and only managed to get three good looking ones L
 
However, these are the good ones!  But let me tell you that these truffles are AH-MAY-ZING!!  If you get a chance, definitely make them!
 
 
 
 
(Wee tip: double the recipe so you’ll have loooads…because they disappear quickly!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and as always thank you SO much for reading!  

I have to say the most enjoyable project was making the little bunny rabbit…it’s just so cute!!  If I had more time I would have made wee chick too, just to add to the Easter-inspired crochet projects…maybe next time? J 

I’ll catch you all next week for my weekly Sunday post! 

Have a fab week and take care guys! Xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
YouTube sources: 
 
How to crochet Easter eggs – Crocheted Easter eggs tutorial by Crouton Crafts
 
[For the bunny rabbit ears]
(Crochet) How to – crocheggimals – no1 rabbit egg cover by HappyBerry Crochet
 
4 - Ingredient Easter egg Oreo truffles by Gimme Some Oven
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment