Sunday 5 October 2014

A few fab ideas using Washi Tape!!


Hey guys!!  Hope you all had a fab week!  I’m back again for my weekly Sunday post!  This week I’m talking Washi Tape!
 
This amazing tiny roll of printed tape is AH-MAY-ZING!!  Honestly!!  I found out about it on Pinterest about a year ago and thought ‘This stuff is fab! Where can I get it??’


You know what, I found it!  One week ago!  I was like, ‘Yay...FINALLY!!’  I found it in an art store in town!  Obviously since I saw them I got loads!  Literally!!  Maybe I bought too many to be honest…but there were too many fab designs!  I could NOT resist!!!


When I got home I had to try them out, so I stuck them to everything!  My phone, diary, stationary…everything!  It makes everything look better!  Haha.


So the main question I got asked when I told people about my Washi Tape obsession was ‘What is it?’
 
Well in this week’s post I will explain what it is and a few ideas of ways it can be used!
 
These are just a few things I’ve used Washi Tape for, but there are probably hundreds of other uses for it!!
  


 
What is Washi Tape?
 

The name pretty much translates as Japanese paper.  It is basically a decorative masking tape mostly made out of bamboo, hemp, rice or wheat. 

The tape is really easy to use as it has a low adhesive, which means it can be stuck down and taken off with very little difficulty depending on the surface it is put on to!

Like masking tape, Washi Tape is quite opaque so it can be put over paper and written on (to an extent).  Therefore, it is good for arts and crafts projects such as card making and scrapbooking, among others.

There is a wide variety of prints available, from floral designs to little animals, which makes the tape unique, colourful and enjoyable to use.
  

My creations (some of the things I used the tape for!)


 
Tea light candle holders
(Obviously take care with lit candles, jar will heat up!!! Don’t leave unattended!!!)

 
 
Hair pin storage

 
 Jewellery storage
 

 
 
DIY dream jar
 
 
 
Diary / Planner organisation 
 
 
 Phone / MP3 case decoration

 

So that’s it for this week’s post.  Have fun Washi-taping things!!  Enjoy the week ahead and I'll be back with a new post next Sunday. 


Until next time…See ya!


 




 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment